Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Purpose behind this blog

I have slowly but surely turned into a sample junkie, I think it's great to be able to get things for free before taking the plunge into buying a product that may just be crap. 

Too often have I spent money on products that were disappointing but of course I already spent cold hard cash. 

I want this blog to be fun, and I don't want to go on and on about advertising. I too have gotten frustrated with the semi phony liking of a product. If it's horrible I'm not afraid to say it, and I would hope that the company sees as well. 

I also would like to show you guys where I get stuff, how I get it and how much effort is put into it. To be honest I don't mind occasional facebook posting about a product that I think is relevant to friends. But no one wants to be the friends that puts up more ads than YouTube and facebook combined. 

A lot of people say some of this stuff is easy to obtain but I find some only are if you are willing to jump through massive amounts of social media hoops. 

The sites I have been using usually is:
Bzzagent.com at first it was a pain in the ass to get a campaign, there were not many demographic surveys, and my points sucked. Eventually I had gotten a campaign, did my tasks and since then it's been way easier. I can post minimally to facebook (Twitter, I let it all fly out) and they really rather have people focus on talking in person and showing the products. 

They are a pretty great site and I don't feel I have to spend all my time on their site to get something to review. 

Influenster: ah, my love/hate product testing site. The pros, they send amazing boxes, full sized, and like I said amazing.

The cons? Well, first off since they changed their site I feel like I have to spend a lot of time reviewing products I have personally bought, and quite honestly I don't have much so what is there to review? You have to stay active and it feels you have to be on there everyday. 

Second, when you do get something which honestly doesn't feel very common, you have to do a lot of tasks. Which is fine except that it's a lot of advertising that my friends will just look past anyway. I feel you are less likely to receive anything if you skip a task. It also bases a lot of your impact score on how many friends you have on social media. 

Samplesource.com I was unsure at first and thought maybe they were a scam but I actually was able to get 7/8 offered samples by them this morning and I'm pretty pleased about it. Some of the stuff included toothpaste, shampoo, granola, etc. sample size but pretty cool all in all. 

Pinchme.com okay I was able to get a couple things that have not arrived yet, I had waited for sample Tuesday this morning. 9am in Washington, well they moved it. My husband and I are used to night shift hours, so I stayed up excited, I know they go within five minutes or so. Well needless to say I was kind of super pissed. 

I know what you're thinking this chick is nuts, well only kinda. 

Freestufffinder.com they find the sites with samples and they give you a direct link, I joined the vip emails so when the site updates I can swoop up samples. The only problem I have is that some expire but are still up and I tend to run into samples I have ordered before. 


I'll be posting samples and telling you if the suck or not, hope you guys can enjoy finding your own free samples as well. I figure it's nice to something other than bills otherwise who wants to check the mail anymore these days? 

No comments:

Post a Comment